These articles and all future video tips and tutorial posts are being migrated to the Enchanted Studios website.
Hope to see you there!
RSS Links below:
- by Simon BroughA selection of beautiful bokeh light leak overlays to download for free from Adobe Stock. Perfect for Christmas holiday videos and adding a touch of glamor to your productions. Available in up to 4K resolution. The bokeh light effect is a mesmerizing and aesthetically pleasing phenomenon in photography, characterized by the out-of-focus areas in an […]
- by Simon BroughClose-up or medium shot? High angle or POV shot? What type of camera angle is best? We break down the basic camera shot types so you can storyboard your video or animation sequence with confidence! For video makers, film directors and animators using the correct, conventional camera terminology is key to giving the impression that […]
- by Simon BroughHD SMPTE Color Bars With Tone – Free Download I quickly generated this color bars test pattern for a recent video project. It may not be 100% accurate but it looks professional enough! Feel free to download it using the link at the bottom of this page. Originating in the 1970s, the SMPTE color bars is a […]
- by Simon BroughCreating cool animations in After Effects is often really quite straightforward, but to make things even easier you’ll want to be using these handy tips and expressions. We’ve spent years creating motion graphics and animated sequences, so we thought we’d share our go-to, time-saving pointers – the shortcuts we use all the time! Included in […]
- by Simon BroughTurn your footage into 8mm film! In the realm of visual storytelling, the allure of vintage film formats endures, with 8 mm and Super 8 standing as iconic representatives of a bygone era. These compact films, once threaded through mechanical reels, capture moments with an intimate graininess that speaks to the artistry of analog recording. […]
- by Simon BroughTurn your footage into a silent movie! Creating a vintage silent movie look in After Effects involves emulating the characteristics of early film, such as black and white imagery, vignetting and film grain. Here’s a step-by-step guide to achieve this effect: Step 1: Import Footage Step 2: Convert to Black and White Step 3: Adjust […]
- by Simon BroughHow to Add a Film Burn Overlay | Video Tutorials | Free Overlays | Handy Templates What are film burns (light leaks)? Film burns and light leaks are visual artifacts that originated from the analog film era. These effects were unintended and often considered flaws, but in the digital age, they have become popular as […]
- by Simon BroughUsing After Effects to create the VHS effect Text Guide | Video Tutorials | Free Overlays | Handy Templates The VHS look refers to the distinctive visual characteristics associated with video recordings on VHS (Video Home System) tapes, a popular consumer video format during the late 20th century. This aesthetic has experienced a resurgence in […]
- by Simon BroughWhat is double exposure? Double exposure is a photographic technique that involves exposing a single frame of film or digital sensor to multiple images. Traditionally achieved by taking two separate photographs on the same frame, this technique results in a merged image where the elements from both exposures coexist in a single frame. This effect […]
- by Simon BroughIf you want to add digital glitch effects to your text or logo then After Effects is the perfect place to do it. As a video manipulation program, creating digital distortions comes easy, and there are plenty of different techniques to choose from – all using After Effects’ built-in effects. Quick Links: Tutorial Text | […]
Categories: After Effects